23 May 2008

Major Assignment - Warehouse Plan and Elevation

Here is the CAD drawing I drew up today showing how I want the warehouse to look.


(click on the image to see in close up)


I'm still not sure about how the windows are going to look in the office block. Tadao Ando would have done something similar to this:

Tadao Ando, 'Matsumoto House', Wakayama,1979-80
-------------------------------------------------


Tadao Ando, 'Onishi House', Osaka, 1979
-------------------------------------------------
In an Australian context, I don't think covering the whole wall with glass is a viable solution. Thats why in the elevation I have divided up the wall panel and put a smaller window at eye level instead. Still not sure if I will change the windows on ground floor to be different from first floor.

Plan:

So the car park will be wrapped by the wall extending from the office block. The dimensions of the warehouse have been skewed slightly from the original given so that they will play in nicely with the grid pattern.


No comments: