15 May 2008

Major Assignment- Hollow Core Research

Following the guest lecture on 'Hollow Core' concrete, 15th May, week 10, and the following tutorial, Chris and I have decided to use a hollow core system instead of in-situ concrete for the warehouse and office block.

In the tutorial Stuart showed us a possibility of how the office would look in section, using a corbel. I would like to use a concrete roof system, which I will have to research.


-------------------------------------------------------------

For the warehouse we need to span 50m with minimal columns to break up the space. Thus it has been decided that we will use a steel portal frame roof attached with bolts to the hollow core wall panels.


-------------------------------------------------------------

It has been decided that Chris will do a warehouse section and I will do an office section. I'm kind of interested to see how I can use the hollow core members to make a grid.

No comments: