29 May 2008

Major Assignment - In-situ concrete CAD drawing

I have been trying for a few days to draw this really good detail but I have been having a really hard time. Here is the grid that I imagine and I'm trying to draw the ligatures but I have not had much luck with the cad tools thus far.


Detail that I want to draw:
Image from: ‘E Allen, J Iano, ‘Fundamentals of Building
Construction, Materials and Methods’, Fourth Edition, John Wiley
and Sons Inc., New Jersey 2004


My drawing so far:


I haven't really shown all my tries at different ways of making a wrapping ligature here. Its just getting really difficult and getting frustrated with it. I have asked a few of my friends for help as they are a bit better at CAD than me but I they cant work it out either. I have tried micro station and 3D Autocad tools. The whole point of in-situ is the re-enforcing and the form work so its no use leaving it out of my drawing.

If I don't work things out by tomorrow, I might have to resort to making a physical model. I'm just not familiar enough with CAD. I will make up my mind tomorrow.

No comments: