2 June 2008

Major Assignment - Physical Model Update

Yesterday I bought what materials I thought I needed to start the model today. So far I haven't made much progress in a 3D sense, but I have cut up a lot of foam core to make the columns and bearers. I have decided to cut off the edges at 45 degrees so the there is a seamless connection between the faces of foam core. Haven' t got any photos up because I left my camera at home but hope to put some on soon.
I still haven't got any wire for re-enforcing but will have to get some asap. I'm not really sure if I will be able to get this model as well as the poster done by Friday. I might email my lecturer about it tomorrow.


Form-work:

Form-work is just as important If not more important than the concrete in in-situ construction. I have looked at a few books from the library but the most useful and most detailed has been the book I got info on the re-enforcement I put up earlier. The book is: E Allen, J Iano, ‘Fundamentals of Building Construction, Materials and Methods’, Fourth Edition, John Wiley and Sons Inc., New Jersey 2004.


Some form-work drawings I have traced:

----------------------------------------------------



No comments: